Driving brand awareness with The ForceTM
SPHERO Force Band and Special Edition Battle-worn BB-8
In 2015, SWERVEPR launched a PR and influencer relations program to promote the launch of
Sphero’s first-ever licensed product, the Star Wars BB-8 App-Enabled Droid, which became one
of the most popular Star Wars toys of all-time. In 2016, Sphero released a new Star Wars Force
Band and special edition battle-worn BB-8 App-Enabled Droid. With limited product samples
available and no new BB-8 movie character coinciding with the product launch, SWERVEPR was
tasked with duplicating the success Sphero had experienced in 2015 to help drive consumer
interest and make the new BB-8 Force Band a consumer success.
▪ Organized and managed a two-day launch event for media to preview the new product
line in efforts to raise brand awareness for its official Force Friday release.
▪ Managed an interactive media day for Influencers to experience the Force Band and meet
with a Sphero executive to gain insight into their brand new product initiatives.
▪ Conducted in-person deskside product demo’s and presentations to top-tier media
▪ The event earned nation-wide coverage, appearing in 106 stories
across traditional, online and social media channels.
▪ The event garnered 23,019,359 impressions, contributing to an
overall cost-per-contact of $0.0003.